Gundersen Health System took a major step toward their 100 percent energy independence goal in 2013. That's when their biomass boiler began operation. The biomass boiler represents 38 percent of Gundersen's energy independence goal-by far the largest single project in their Envision® portfolio that helped them achieve their goal.
Gundersen's boilers were a high user of fossil fuels, consuming much of the natural gas used to create heat for their buildings. When it came time to refurbish or replace their aging boilers, Gundersen looked at all of their options and selected a biomass boiler.
- Cashton wind energy project December 4, 2016
- Lewiston wind energy project December 3, 2016
- Landfill energy project December 2, 2016
- Middleton dairy digester December 1, 2016
- Sun Prairie dairy digester November 30, 2016
- Solar thermal water heating November 29, 2016
- Geothermal heat pump November 28, 2016