Senior Vice President, Business Services
Gundersen Health System
In his role as senior vice president of Business Services, Mark oversees Business Development & Marketing, Business Health Services, Community & Preventive Care Services, Corporate Communications, Envision®, External Affairs & Government Relations, Facilities and Supply Chain & Affiliates. He also leads the strategic planning process as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Prior to joining Gundersen, Mark was an owner at Multistack LLC where he provided strategic long-term direction of the company and was directly involved in emerging technology, research and development. As Multistack's president and CEO from 2002 to 2012, Mark led the company through its highest period of growth, with total revenue increasing by more than 1,000 percent.
Mark received his bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn. He was a commissioned officer in the U.S. Air Force with 17 years of service and held the rank of captain in the U.S. Air Force Reserve.
Mark Platt's speaking history
- Health Evolution Summit, "Sustainability: Save Money and Save Lives" 4/15/16
- CleanMed conference 2016, "All in for Mission: Health Care’s Role in Healing" 5/18/16
- Practice Greenhealth, "Gundersen employee Solar program" 6/21/16
- U.S.- China Health Care Climate Leadership Roundtable, "Moving from Dependence on Coal to Renewable Energy and Energy Independence" 9/20/16
- ACE Conference, "Gundersen’s Envision program" 4/20/15
- CleanMed conference 2015, CFO presentation, Climate roundtable and Neighborhood revitalization: 5/13/15
- Ohio Hospital Association, "Care Beyond Our Walls", 6/5/15
- Big 10 and Friends, "Sustainability & the Health of our Community" 9/3/15
- 3M Sustainability in Health Care Summit, "Care Beyond Our Walls" 9/30/15
- Greenbuild 2015, "Sustainability and the Health of our Communities" 10/15/15
- Department of State, "Reliability & Efficiency in overseas installations" 2/7/12
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration & Air conditioning Engineers, "Central Station Geothermal & Other ways to use Existing Heat" 11/14/12
- Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, Washington, DC "Taking the Lead: Promoting Green Technology Around the World" 9/29/2011
- Capabilities Briefing to CIA, CIA HQ, Langley, VA "High Redundancy Systems and Recycled Heat" 7/2011
- Intelligence Community Greening Conference, Washington, DC "Central Station Geothermal and Other Ways to Use Existing Heat" 6/2010