Manager - Facilities, Engineering, and Energy Management
Gundersen Health System
In his role of Manager of Facilities, Engineering and Energy Management, Alan leads the facility operation group and is responsible for energy management and conservation for all Gundersen facilities.
Prior to joining Gundersen, Alan was employed by Trane as a Manager of Product Engineering in the large chiller group. During his career at Trane he held positions of project manager and development engineer for multiple compressor and chiller products.
Alan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin Madison and is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt. He is a member of the American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE), and the Wisconsin Healthcare Engineering Association (WHEA).
Alan's speaking history
- Sparta Patient & Family Advisory Committee, Sparta, WI "New Sparta Clinic Energy Planning and Results" 5/9/2017
- IEEE, La Crosse, WI "Energy Management at Gundersen Health System" 6/7/2017
- Sustainability City Conference, Dubuque, IA "Gundersen Energy Management Program" 10/5/2016
- WHEA Annual Conference, Green Bay, WI "Combined Heat & Power for Hospitals" 9/21/2016
- ACE Summit, Atlanta, GA "The Gundersen Energy Program" 2/2/2015
- Wisconsin Healthcare Energy Leaders Meeting, La Crosse, WI "Healthcare Energy Management" 8/26/2015
- AIA Minnesota Convention, Minneapolis, MN "High Performance Energy Reduction in HealthCare: The Gundersen Story" 11/12/2014
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Health Admin Class "Energy and Healthcare, What Can Be Done" 12/2/2014
- Kiwanis Meeting, La Crosse, WI "What Healthcare Can Do About Energy" 3/4/2014
- CleanMed, Boston, MA "Come On Down, Targeting 100" 4/25/2013
- ASHRAE Regional Conference, La Crosse, WI "Gundersen New Hospital Energy Targets and Design" 5/3/2013
- Healthcare Design Conference, Orlando, FL "High Performance Energy Reduction in Healthcare" 10/18/2013